Several dozen people disrupted the Master’s graduation ceremony at AUB Friday evening to protest against the awarding of an honorary degree to Donna Shalala due to her support for engagement with Israel.
Shalala, president of the University of Miami in Florida and a former U.S. secretary of health, has three honorary degrees from universities in Israel, and does not support a cultural boycott of the country.
Around 40 protesters heckled Shalala as she began her speech of thanks, shouting “boycott Israel.” Some held a large banner that read “Boycott Zionist Shalala.” Source
AUB students demonstrate against Donna Shalala during commencement
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- lolol on Violating the smoking ban at Beirut Justice Palace
- lolol on Wassim Nasser breaks Lebanon’s long distance swimming record
- Wassim Nasser breaks the national record for the longest swim! - Blog Baladi on Wassim Nasser breaks Lebanon’s long distance swimming record
- Wassim Nasser breaks Lebanon’s long distance swimming record | +961 on Wassim Nasser FAILED to break the national record
- mahmoud on Tarzan is missing
- Omar Hijazi on Man saved from drowning in Ain El Mrayseh
- Fadi on Beirut Duty Free – La Casa del Habano ad
- Joseph El Khoury on Beirut Duty Free – La Casa del Habano ad
- Anthony on Beirut Duty Free – La Casa del Habano ad
- Mike on Tarzan is missing
- @alextohme just DMed you my e-mail :)Wednesday, 06.19.13 09:21
- Violating the smoking ban at Beirut Justice Palace http://t.co/gJEvr3UtvhWednesday, 06.19.13 09:13
- Clubbing in Lebanon by @NEMRCOMEDY http://t.co/AnYTlpKidLWednesday, 06.19.13 08:33
- Two foreigners made a 426Km road trip inside Lebanon and visited 9 different places! https://t.co/H81Rj94xZhWednesday, 06.19.13 08:29
- Huh! Solidere reports 90% drop in profits?! http://t.co/4PxDZw5WHSWednesday, 06.19.13 08:02