Forbes Middle East released its list of the top 100 startups in the Arab World and Lebanon earned 9 spots with Anghami coming 2nd in the overall ranking thanks to $29M in funding. UAE based startup Fetchr was ranked 1st with a funding of $52M.
Here’s a list of the Lebanese startups that were mentioned (Full list available here):
- #2 Anghami – Music streaming platform
- #23 Scriptr – IoT application platform
- #25 Falafel Games – Develops and publishes massively multiplayer online games
- #31 Sqwirl Lab – Startup studio
- #39 Energy24 – Alternative Energy storage and generator
- #65 Blink My Car – Car care app
- #72 Risk+ Solutions – Financial intelligence and risk management solutions
- #77 Loop – Electric scooter sharing technology
- #85 Myki – Cybersecurity
With the all the telecom infrastructure upgrades we are promised, I hope we get to see even more Lebanese projects and startups in the coming years.
On the other hand, a similar list was also compiled by Forbes for the top 100 Arab companies and 4 Lebanese banks made it to the list (Bank Audi, BLOM Bank, Byblos Bank, and Bank of Beirut).