I was just informed by a good friend at Americana Group in Lebanon that Krispy Kreme, Costa, TGI Friday’s and Signor Sassi are all closing down in Lebanon due to the turbulant time our economy is going through right now. Americana also manages KFC and Hardee’s as well, but these two are staying for now since they’re making profit.
I personally feel neutral about Costa, Friday’s and Signor, but I wish Krispy Kreme stays since I just love their donuts and prefer them over the overrated Dunkin’ Donuts.
It definitely sucks to be in the place of Americana or other big corporations who are all currently in survival mode, since everybody seems to prefer saving money than spending them on restaurants and luxury items. But I feel bad the most about the poeple who work at these places and will now be jobless, and these are mostly university students who work hard to pay their tuition fees.
I hope the warlords ruling this country are happy about the state we’ve come to!
How awesome is this ad? Najib and Nawwaf are just hilarious!
I just spotted this new 5,000 pound note which seems to have been recently released.
If only Central Bank of Lebanon would consider making all bills the same (reasonable) size!
photo via @Joanna_Azar
In the memory of the innocent souls who were lost in the Salam & Takwa tragedy.
So Boom Boom will now be best known for their crappy ads. Following “Boom Boom Stylak” ad they made a while ago, they’re now copying an energy bar ad.
O1ne is a new club near Biel that is set to open its doors this winter. 16 International artists have worked a while ago to create this massive graffiti on its wall.
I’m still not sure by the way how are we supposed to spell “O1ne”! one? o-one-ne?
Forbes recently posted about 10 Middle Eastern startups that will (hopefully) change lives in the MENA region and the world. Two of these startups are Instabeat, which was founded by Lebanese Hind Hobeika, and Wally, which has two Lebanese members on board of its team, Makram Saleh and Maya Zankoul.
- Armigatus on Fail – Rymco really values your thoughts
- chad on Lebanese man with high sex drive selling himself on TV
- chad on Byblos Bank – The Lebanese are losing it
- mohammad on Fail – Rymco really values your thoughts
- Ghazayel on Fail – Rymco really values your thoughts
- Mitch on Byblos Bank – The Lebanese are losing it
- Lebanon POW 14 – 20 Nov | POW on Olayan School of Business is the 23rd most beautiful business school in the world
- raghida on Beirut City Center
- Norma on Tarboush price increased to 500 L.L
- Diana Haddad on Nemr Abou Nassar destroys Myriam Klink
- Turned out there's a traffic jam at Ouzai, but the road is not blocked.Wednesday, 12.04.13 16:09
- How's the traffic in Ouzai? Is the road blocked there too?Wednesday, 12.04.13 15:37
- Today's sunset http://t.co/QFayJZw9yCTuesday, 11.26.13 14:48
- I'm at BLF (Beirut) http://t.co/dEtvmOUcd3Monday, 11.25.13 09:12
- Fail - Rymco really values your thoughts http://t.co/Zagbaxpj3gSaturday, 11.23.13 10:15