Jackie Chamoun competed in the women’s alpine skiing today and was unfortunately ranked 58/60. Below is the video of her run.
Last weekend I watched the comedy play “Beirut… Tarik el Jdideh” by Lebanese poet Yehia Jaber, and it’s by far one of the funniest plays I’ve watched.
Unlike other comedy plays, Tarik el Jdideh doesn’t make fun or disrespect the inhabitants of that area but rather uses black comedy to tell their stories since the beginning of the 20th century till today, while shedding light on the sectarian conflict between Sunni and Shia.
Throughout two hours, actor Ziad Itani (who performs alone by the way) gets you to know the people of Tarik el Jdideh by portraying their weddings, celebrations, funerals, and eid rituals, in addition to telling about real events that took place such as some incidents that happened during the Lebanese civil war and when the Syrians came later on. A significant part of the play also describes the clashes that used to happen between Al Ansar fans and those of Al Nejmeh and how it all started.
Tarik el Jdideh is highly recommended not just for being super entertaining, but also for the strong message it delivers at the end.
Below are some short parts of the play as well as interviews with its writer Yehia Jaber and actor Ziad Itani by Now Lebanon.
This is the newest music video by Maya Diab and the one below it is 1+1′s video by Beyonce. Can you notice the similarities?
Earlier in October Haifa Wehbe’s new movie teaser also turned out to be a copy of Monica Belluci’s Malena trailer and a Martini Gold ad.
I just stumbled upon this photo of Beirut from space on Reddit but its original source was never mentioned. Anyone knows where can we find similar photos with higher resolution?
According to the latest transparency report published by Twitter, Lebanon is now among the countries that are requesting account information from them, as it has requested information about a few accounts somewhere between July and December 2013.
So if you’re planning to use Twitter to plot some evil plan, you now know the platform isn’t safe anymore!
via Al Hayat
Part of me may understand why this woman was denied boarding on her flight by the Middle East Airlines crew only if they’re unable to support her at all during the trip, which can seriously put her life at risk in case some incident occurs when flying.
But then again, it’s 2014, and a reputable carrier like MEA can’t but have the capability to service travelers with disabilities.
Below is MEA’s reply to the incident.
Here’s some positive news for Lebanon! Ibrahim Maalouf, the very talented trumpeter, won a prize at Victoires de le Musique for the Best World Music Album “Illusions” which was released last year.
Les Victoires de la Musique is a prestigious annual French award ceremony to recognize outstanding achievements in the music industry, so Ibrahim Maalouf sure made it big! Congratulations!
The full list of the winners can be found here, and you can watch below Ibrahim Maalouf’s performance at the ceremony.
This study was featured on The Atlantic two days ago but its results were published a year ago on Gallup. In that study, Gallup spent 2006 and 2007 visiting 136 countries and asked people if they experienced love the previous day.
Below are the top 10 countries that feel the most love in the world and Lebanon was ranked 8th.
The full ranking can be found here.
Gallup should probably come again and ask about other feeling like depression, hate, desperation, and disgust, I’m sure we’ll score even better!
- Mayssa on Social Media Awards Beirut official results in numbers
- Tarboush Shot – London Bar | Blog Baladi on Tarboush shot
- Ali AM on No Chance – انقرضوا الرجال بلبنان
- Roland on Kitesurfing in Batroun
- Samer Abdallah on Beirut ranks 24th most expensive for office space
- walid on Connecting Lebanon to Cyprus with a bridge
- suzannne on Tannourine introduces new glass bottles
- maryam on Cola Barbir! – Pink Taxis
- Carla on Beirut ranks 24th most expensive for office space
- Rayan Messilmani on Angelina Jolie is in Lebanon
- I'm at MARKY'S Philly Joint (Sin El Fil) http://t.co/DebyFl2yjyWednesday, 04.16.14 09:56
- I'm at MARKY'S Philly Joint (Sin El Fil) http://t.co/RxHKjfkkVBTuesday, 04.15.14 10:22
- 6,000L.L for the cheddar cheese?! http://t.co/rWQVJPCjPRFriday, 04.11.14 11:29
- RT @ro_ny_1: Pc for sale 300$ core2duo 2.2ghz E4500 150GB HDD 2GB RAM Geforce 8500gt Dvd writer 17" lg flatron l1754sm Keyboard, wirele…Wednesday, 04.09.14 07:45
- @krikOrianm I guess it's because it's called "social" media and people are able to voice their opinions about anything.Wednesday, 04.09.14 07:13