Beirut Night Life posted about an American company who’s currently proposing a 150Km bridge connecting Dbayeh to Limassol to allow reaching Cyprus from Lebanon (or vice versa) within 80minutes. Using this bridge will be subject to paying a certain fee, and it will be owned by the American company for the 10 years.
Can you imagine how many things can go wrong if this projects gets approved?
- No matter how this highway will be designed, Lebanese drivers will always manage to find a way to make a u-turn on it.
- Some people will drive for like 20 minutes then park on the side, set their arguileh, and start grilling some meat, because you know, picnic by the sea!
- Others will just use it to jump into the sea, because its sides appear to be higher than the sidewalk in Ain El Mraiseh.
- After the 10 years pass by, the Lebanese side of the highway will always have potholes.
- Zouzou Ebba and the gang will never know where this highway leads to, since they will just use the first few hundred meters of it for racing, then make a u-turn and go back to Dbayeh.
- Shall I go on??