Moreover, check PitchFest, an event organized by AltCity in collaboration with touch and Appstrata, which allows developers to present their mobile apps (or apps ideas) to a panel of judges for a chance to win $5,000 and technical support from touch cloud and Appstrata for your app to start working. The deadline to apply is tomorrow March 29th.
The news about the sudden destruction of the ancient Phoenician port in Beirut has flooded the news and the Lebanese blogosphere over the last couple of days. Everybody seems to be against move and some are even asking the minister of culture Gaby Layoun to resign over it.
But let’s be real for a second, downtown Beirut all lay over Phoenician ruins and much more! At the end, it was destroyed and rebuilt 7 times over its 5,000 year history, so the least you can find is ruins WHEREVER you dig around the city! Should we preserve everything we find and halt all construction works for ever? And let’s assume that we’ve succeeded in actually preserving them and turning these site into touristic places, will Khaleeji people be interested in visiting them? In fact, I see them enjoying places like Zaitounay Bay much more than the ancient ruins near the Grand Serail!
Still, don’t get me wrong, I’m not calling to erase our history, but why can’t we be more practical? I know the developers at the Phoenician port did wrong by suddenly demolishing that Phoenician port, but why for instance didn’t we give them the option to maybe move that port to another place instead of totally halting their plans?
- lolol on Wassim Nasser breaks Lebanon’s long distance swimming record
- Wassim Nasser breaks the national record for the longest swim! - Blog Baladi on Wassim Nasser breaks Lebanon’s long distance swimming record
- Wassim Nasser breaks Lebanon’s long distance swimming record | +961 on Wassim Nasser FAILED to break the national record
- mahmoud on Tarzan is missing
- Omar Hijazi on Man saved from drowning in Ain El Mrayseh
- Fadi on Beirut Duty Free – La Casa del Habano ad
- Joseph El Khoury on Beirut Duty Free – La Casa del Habano ad
- Anthony on Beirut Duty Free – La Casa del Habano ad
- Mike on Tarzan is missing
- noname on Solidere pissed at St George’s banner
- Wassim Nasser breaks Lebanon's long distance swimming record http://t.co/zmqK06LQdfMonday, 06.17.13 08:01
- بيوم الجريح، سقوط 600 جريح برصاص الإبتهاجFriday, 06.14.13 14:45
- Beirut Duty Free - La Casa del Habano ad http://t.co/Rn7adzdhf1Friday, 06.14.13 09:26
- .@BrofessionalR in The Daily Star today http://t.co/FTyYleL0ItFriday, 06.14.13 06:39
- @footnem @joesbox الجمهور عايز كدهFriday, 06.14.13 06:23