Several dozen people disrupted the Master’s graduation ceremony at AUB Friday evening to protest against the awarding of an honorary degree to Donna Shalala due to her support for engagement with Israel.
Shalala, president of the University of Miami in Florida and a former U.S. secretary of health, has three honorary degrees from universities in Israel, and does not support a cultural boycott of the country.
Around 40 protesters heckled Shalala as she began her speech of thanks, shouting “boycott Israel.” Some held a large banner that read “Boycott Zionist Shalala.” Source
Tag Archives | donna shalala
- chantal on Onno Restaurant – Bourj Hammoud
- Rami on Onno Restaurant – Bourj Hammoud
- Onno Restaurant – Bourj Hammoud | +961 on Varouj Restaurant – Bourj Hammoud
- Sareen on Onno Restaurant – Bourj Hammoud
- Pierre on Aboul Ghadab got it right
- Riham on Connecting Lebanon to Cyprus with a bridge
- Rami on LAU professor accused of raping his student?
- Templar on LAU professor accused of raping his student?
- Anonymous on Solidere pissed at St George’s banner
- Gus on LAU professor accused of raping his student?
- I'm at Capital Outsourcing S.A.L (Achrafieh, Beirut) http://t.co/vYUBap2XbdFriday, 05.24.13 12:39
- A must try! Onno Restaurant - Bourj Hammoud http://t.co/uA4DC2luujFriday, 05.24.13 07:09
- Saba7 l khayrat! http://t.co/Kh3glWMxyQFriday, 05.24.13 05:57
- @footnem jarrib ta3millak mishwar bi shi taxiFriday, 05.24.13 05:36
- Onno Restaurant - Bourj Hammoud http://t.co/91PCXkf7xAThursday, 05.23.13 17:51