It can’t get any faker than this!
As per Al-Jadeed, A Ukranian woman was arrested at Beirut airport today after she stripped naked in protest against the smoking ban!
If only our people protested this way instead of burning tires and blocking roads!
I just read in The Daily Star that some source in the airport claimed this lady was actually protesting the General Security’s decision to expel her from the country because her residency papers had expired. You can check the article here.
When Rina Chibani fails to get us the Miss Universe title, leave it to Haifa Wehbi to put us again under the spotlights. She made it to the top 30 worlds most beautiful women of 2013 on Hollywood Buzz.
Here’s a quick tip to make easy money. Get some of the delicious treats from Le Gustav, preferably their heavenly good cake balls, start selling them for more than double the original price at your shop and enjoy the profit!
Shu we2fit 3leik? Second Cup Hamra is doing the exact same thing and getting away with it! Check more about this scam here on Beirutista.
Photo by Racha Halabi from the Faculty of Fine Arts in Tripoli.
It’s quite normal for consulates and embassies to ask you for some official documents when applying for a visa or renewing a residency for example, but asking for a letter that states you are not in debt to a certain privately held organization is a first!
And that’s what actually happens in the US, all J-1 visa holders are required to obtain a “No objection letter” from their home country to waive a mandatory two-year home-country physical presence prior to re-entry into the states once their visa expires, and one of the conditions Lebanese citizens are required to fulfill is obtaining a letter from the Hariri Foundation in Washington stating that they are under no financial or contractual obligation to the foundation. This is a requirements by the Department of States in the US as mentioned in the letters and recommendations page on the Lebanese embassy in the US website.
You can read more about the matter on menapolis.com. It would be also great if anyone knows the reason for that weird requirement and shares it through a comment, I mean why is it ok to be in debt to any organization in the world except for the Hariri Foundation?
First Blood was Lebanon’s inaugural professional mixed martial arts event, taking place in Movenpick Hotel Beirut. Eight Lebanese fighters were featured on the nine fight card, including Elie El Rayess and Silvio Chiha. Photographs/Hasan Shaaban
You can check here for the rest of the photos.
We will never get enough of Gangnam style imitations!
- m on Beirut Beer – A new beer from Kassatly Chtaura
- morteza on Gaza is burning
- morteza on Gaza is burning
- ricardos on Why is our internet getting worse?
- S.moarkech on Custom fees to be imposed on orders from AliExpress?
- Lebanese on 8 Reasons to avoid Lebanon this summer
- deedee on Video of the Mannschaft fans going crazy in Hamra
- The Little Syrian Kid Got Beaten Again By His Uncle … | Blog Baladi on That poor Syrian kid got beaten again!!
- That poor Syrian kid got beaten again!! | +961 on Just how sick can people get?!
- Tony on Updated list of group buying websites in Lebanon
- RT @eliefares: Hi. You should have sent your “Ramadan Karim” greeting a month ago. Ma tjarres 7alak in attempting good gestures.Sunday, 07.27.14 19:58
- Happy Eid and 3 day holiday! http://t.co/RJZdWA7D5mSunday, 07.27.14 19:50
- Labneh mkabkabeh/mka3zaleh in the making. http://t.co/5SW37VpVLWSunday, 07.27.14 18:37
- Let us eat and drink for tomorrow we diet. http://t.co/9KOdfXPXgtFriday, 07.25.14 19:37
- Remember the guy who wanted to "liberate" Baabda? He got arrested yesterday http://t.co/okK5shMbMlFriday, 07.25.14 09:07