Several dozen people disrupted the Master’s graduation ceremony at AUB Friday evening to protest against the awarding of an honorary degree to Donna Shalala due to her support for engagement with Israel.
Shalala, president of the University of Miami in Florida and a former U.S. secretary of health, has three honorary degrees from universities in Israel, and does not support a cultural boycott of the country.
Around 40 protesters heckled Shalala as she began her speech of thanks, shouting “boycott Israel.” Some held a large banner that read “Boycott Zionist Shalala.” Source
AUB students demonstrate against Donna Shalala during commencement
- S.moarkech on Custom fees to be imposed on orders from AliExpress?
- Lebanese on 8 Reasons to avoid Lebanon this summer
- deedee on Video of the Mannschaft fans going crazy in Hamra
- The Little Syrian Kid Got Beaten Again By His Uncle … | Blog Baladi on That poor Syrian kid got beaten again!!
- That poor Syrian kid got beaten again!! | +961 on Just how sick can people get?!
- Tony on Updated list of group buying websites in Lebanon
- Why is our internet getting worse? | +961 on Slashing internet prices in Lebanon is still not enough
- Sonia on NSFW – 1973 Liberality VS 2014 Rigorism in Lebanon
- NSFW – 1973 Liberality VS 2014 Rigorism in Lebanon | +961 on Vibrator ad from the 60′s in Lebanon
- NSFW – 1973 Liberality VS 2014 Rigorism in Lebanon | +961 on Another vibrator ad from the 1960s
- RT @AnisTabet23: I just watched the new Transformers. The good news: it's better than the last one. The bad news: it's still crap.Tuesday, 07.22.14 19:53
- Beirut Beer - A new beer from Kassatly Chtaura http://t.co/SWZH0pGbmzTuesday, 07.22.14 19:38
- Lebanon withdraw from Jones Cup http://t.co/h9i9YuYeN1Tuesday, 07.22.14 12:27
- RT @GinoRaidy: Inno at least write "you" instead of "u" http://t.co/P1ULd4q26qTuesday, 07.22.14 11:32
- Up close http://t.co/XPvequLPbgTuesday, 07.22.14 07:54