Uber launches in Beirut

Uber-Logo

Uber is a on-demand car service based in San Francisco, California that connects passengers with drivers in over 140 cities through a mobile app allowing customers to order a ride, track their driver’s location, and finally pay using their credit card.

They have already been operating in several cities across the middle east, and they just announced today on their blog expanding to Beirut with Pierre Rabbat and Daniella Rahme being the first two to try their service.

I downloaded their app (Available on both iOS and Android) and found it quite easy to use. You first need a couple of minutes to create an account and verify your mobile number and you’re good to go. To order a ride, you choose the vehicle type you want and mark the location from which the driver should expect picking you up from and wait. When you reach your destination, your credit card will be automatically billed with no need to tip or carry cash.

20140711-143206-52326292.jpg

I haven’t tried using the service yet so I can’t tell how good are their fares compared to local taxi companies and shared taxi service. However, they’re offering a couple of promo codes one for $20 (“UberLovesBeirut”) and the other for $30 (“rabbat“) which I guess is enough for us to assess the service.

Thanks @Chemali

, , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Uber launches in Beirut

1. Maroun moukarzel June 18, 2016 at 10:02 am #

I would like to change my credit card coz it is expire how can i
    I tried many time but it is not working

2. Blaisou August 28, 2016 at 10:54 am #

Hi ! If you want a 10$ discount for Uber in Beirut, just enter this code : xhwy5n78ue 🙂

3. Nicolas Touma March 20, 2017 at 7:26 am #

Last sunday I used my uber promo code on another device which I’ve invited to use uber but it appears that only the other device received the 10$ promotions ride while I did not get it.
    I hope to get a reply soon concerning the problem. Thanks

4. Saeed March 30, 2017 at 6:17 pm #

How can i regist to sign in uber for working

5. Bassem April 17, 2017 at 1:04 pm #

How to contact uber in lebanon for registrate my car for working ?

6. Chady May 27, 2017 at 4:24 pm #

Can i have a phone number to contact uber office in lebanon ?

• amal chenali October 16, 2017 at 6:18 pm #

have u found an answer?

7. Antonella October 9, 2017 at 11:02 am #

Can i have special rate if i want to use Uber every day
    sometimes twice per day ?

kindly contact me on my email Antonellamargossian@hotmail.com
    or on my phone number.

thanks,

8. Christine October 10, 2017 at 2:53 pm #

Excuse me! How come I am charged with a $4 fee for cancellation when my driver is the one who cancelled on me and asked me to order another car because he is far! Does this make sense to you? Now I can’t order another car because I have to pay a fee which am not responsible for?

9. Rana Nasrallah October 31, 2017 at 11:41 pm #

Hello,
    I think we have a problem which should be solved by Uber direction, I have the same case mentioned above. After getting a confirmation at 4:01 of getting a kia cerato phone number 03 195 240, I called the driver at 4:02 to confirm the location with him. After 4 minutes, I received a phone call from the same driver requesting me to cancel the request because he claimed thar he had an accident and waiting for the khabir to come. So I did what he requested from me and requested a new taxi (chevrolet 70 448 091) and paid $4 in addition to the new taxi bill.

I believe that by paying this extra $4 is not justified and request to be repaid to me otherwise I shall never use Uber again.